- Setting individual learning goals and guiding students as they determine how to best reach those goals and present proof of their learning.
- Relinquishing responsibility for time management to students so I can focus on teaching.
- Requiring students to teach each other as they work towards the common goal of a classroom community that is constantly striving to improve.
- Appointing students to be in charge of the management of all classroom furniture and materials, then holding them responsible for organization, care, and upkeep.
- Employing the practice of accountability buddies, whereby your buddy makes sure your assignments are turned in, projects are on a timely progression, and helps you resolve interpersonal conflicts.
Books to read: (Links are to Author's websites with resources as well as Amazon book link.)
Learn Like a Pirate by Paul Solarz
Learning by Choice by A,J. Juliani
Whole Brain Teaching for Challenging Kids by Chris Biffle